We require the services of a dynamic food enthusiast with practical managerial experience and considerable confidience to take responsibility for our award winning busy deli. The successful candidate must have the ability to inspire, lead and motivate employees through support and development. Have the ability to develop and expand our fresh food product range Manage all aspects of the deli department including the sales, profitability, waste and quality of all products, displays and customer service.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is the number one priority and consistently deliver an exceptional service.
Operations & Standards:
- Ensure and take responsibility for the efficient day-to-day running of the fresh food operation.
- Ensure that the fresh food offer reflects company’s standards of merchandising, presentation and Customer Care.
- Deliver new concepts as created.
- Bring innovation to the fresh food offer
- Responsible for food safety and hygiene at all times and adhering to the policies of the company regarding food compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the HACCP preventative approach to food safety.
- Ensure there is sufficient product for sale, yet keeping wastage levels to a minimum at all times.
· Conduct stock takes as instructed by Management.
- Ensure accurate reporting of sales through back office system
- Establish and monitor stock holding figures
- Take final responsibility for obtaining profitable sales results in deli /fresh food
- Implement and monitor sales plan across locations
- Ensure product file is up-to-date and accurate
- Investigate all “irregularities” in sales data and prepare report on same
Legal/Food Safety Compliance Management
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies such as the EIQA, FSAI, HSA etc. across all locations
· Conduct in-house spot checks to ensure best practice operation periodically and prepare reports, follow up visits and re-training (where required)
- Ensure good team work with colleagues and management.
- Support the training of all employees in the department
Health, Safety and Welfare Management
- Strictly comply with standards and safe working practices as outlined in The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 and subsequent Regulations, Acts or Amendments
- Strictly comply with all policies, practices and procedures, outlined in our Health and Safety Management System and Safety Statement
- Effectively plan new deli/fresh food projects
- Ensure projects are fully planned out before implementation
- Co-ordinate, manage and monitor each deli/fresh food projects
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times, representing the core values of our brand
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and Management
- Complete all tasks to the best of your ability and to the highest standard
- Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by Management
- Ensure effective time management and task prioritisation
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality are maintained at all times
- Perform any other duties or assume other responsibilities that may be assigned to the role.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Deli /Catering manager position;
- Culinary arts qualification or equivalent essential
- Must have Level 1 & 2 & 3 knowledge of food safety;
- Have a real passion for the food industry and as such be creative with the fresh offering
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good delegation skills;
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic;
- An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets;
- Commerciality and brand awareness;
- Passion for retail;
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.