Deli / Takeaway Assistant
Londis Cleveragh Road Co. Sligo are looking for an experienced full time Deli / Fast food Assistant to join their fantastic team.
Prior experience in running a takeaway would be a distinct advantage. Shifts starts at three pm daily.
Required to work five over seven days including weekends.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CARE
- Ensure exceptional customer experience, supporting our vision to deliver good food, good service and good value.
- Deal with customer complaints and liaising with third parties as may be required.
OPERATIONAL AND STORE PRESENTATION
- Train, coach and direct staff by up skilling and mentoring them in line with Best Food practices including hygiene, service and packaging.
- To analyse and interpret stocktake results including any corrective action.
- Vendor selection and management in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Ensure routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and appetising food environment implementing best practice merchandising.
- Promote and drive new recipes providing our customers with regular new taste offers.
- Co-ordinate and manage promotions and communicate same to the staff.
- Assist the Store Manager in the recruitment of high caliber Assistants and the effective management of same.
- Maximising sales, profitability and participation of the department.
- Ensuring overheads are controlled and minimised where appropriate.
- Minimise stock loss through portion control, wastage, damages and pilferage.
- Conduct internal audits and follow up to resolve any non-compliance issues.
- Execute all fresh food programmes in compliance with EHO and HACCP requirements.
- Liaise with statutory bodies if necessary, to ensure premises and work practices comply with current food legislation.
- Ensure all staff are trained in line with current Food Safety and HACCP guidelines.
- Fresh food management experience essential.
- Passion for fresh food
- Fresh food experience
- Excellent fresh food knowledge
- The ability to lead, manage and develop others into a state of self-sufficiency.
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and maximise sales opportunities across fresh food departments.
- Strong knowledge and qualifications of food safety and HACCP best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and understanding customers’ needs and expectations for the ‘wow’ in store experience.
- Self-starter with a hand on approach and passion for fresh food.
- Provides clear direction and authority.
- Excellent people skills and experience working with the public in a busy environment.