Forecourt Store Manager
Londis NCR Tralee Kerry, Co Kerry are looking for a full time Store Manager to join their fantastic team. The ideal candidate should have experience in convenience.
• The recruitment, training and development of all employees for store operations.
• Rostering and general management of employees to ensure adequate cover within budgetary provisions.
• Accurate payment of wages in accordance with JLC agreements and Payment of Wages legislation.
• Plan, organise and set goals for the store to ensure consistent customer service and competitiveness.
• Manage the performance of the team utilising effective performance management techniques in line with legislation.
• Continually communicate with Assistant Store Manager and Retail Sales Team on objectives and store performance.
• Setting goals for the store to ensure effective customer service and competitiveness.
• Setting budgets for the store
• Generating and analysing financial reports, analysing same and reporting any discrepancies to Store Owner
• Ensure overheads are controlled and minimised where appropriate
• Ensure store sales are maximised
• Ensure store margins are managed appropriately and profitability of store is maximised
• Ensure operation runs efficiently and smoothly
• Ensure store standards are consistently improved in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and service
• Plan for market changes and demands as they arise
• Ensure in-store promotions are managed appropriately
• Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and managed within the store
• Manage cash handling in line with company cash handling procedures and take action on any discrepancies that arise
• Manage store merchandising ensuring appropriate “value” image is portrayed in line with company procedures
• Accountable for ensuring consistently high levels of customer service
• To ensure all customer complaints are dealt as appropriate manner and to take necessary action in implementing store improvements following customer complaints
• Ensure effective stock control procedures and systems are in place to minimise stock loss
• Preparation for and management of stock take
• Ensure effective food management and waste systems are implemented, managed and updated appropriately
• Identify areas of stock leakage and ensure effective systems are in place to minimise stock loss (e.g. through pilferage, wastage, damages)
• Ensure effective stock rotation and stock monitoring systems are in place and adhered to
LEGISLATION & SECURITY
• Take full care of Health and Safety of all employees and customers in store and ensure any risks are minimised, or where possible, eliminated
• Ensure security of store and employees is maintained at all times and take action as required
• Ensure secure store opening and closing procedures
• Ensure store operates within relevant legislation in terms of employment, health and safety law, HACCP and consumer regulations
• Ensure you are up to date on all aspects of Health & Safety legislation, HACCP, Labour Law and Consumer Legislation and take relevant actions that may arise out of changes in same
• Meet targets as agreed
• To undertake other additional duties as may be assigned by the Store Owner
The ideal candidate will possess many of the below attributes:
• Proven ability in managing retail sales team including the following:
o Planning and organising
o Problem solving
o Managing performance
• Excellent operational knowledge of retail environment
• Excellent interpersonal relations
• Excellent understanding of consumer needs
• Proven track record in achieving agreed targets
• Financial skills with previous experience of budgets and profit and loss accounts
• Working knowledge of employment, health & safety regulations, HACCP, and consumer legislation
• An excellent commercial acumen with the ability to anticipate and react to market changes