LONDIS Westmoreland St. (O'Connell St.) require a full time Store Manager to join their fantastic team.
- The recruitment, training and development of all employees for stores operations.
- Rostering and general management of employees to ensure adequate cover within budgetary provisions.
- Accurate payment of wages in accordance with JLC agreements and Payment of Wages legislation.
- Plan, organise and set goals for the store to ensure consistent customer service and competitiveness.
- Manage the performance of the team utilising effective performance management techniques in line with legislation.
- Continually communicate with Assistant Store Manager and Retail Sales Team on objectives and store performance.
- Setting goals for the store to ensure effective customer service and competitiveness.
- Setting budgets for the stores
- Generating and analysing financial reports, analysing same and reporting any discrepancies to Store Owner
- Ensure overheads are controlled and minimised where appropriate
- Ensure store sales are maximised
- Ensure store margins are managed appropriately and profitability of store is maximised
- Ensure operation runs efficiently and smoothly
- Ensure store standards are consistently improved in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and service
- Plan for market changes and demands as they arise
- Ensure in-store promotions are managed appropriately
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and managed within the store
- Manage cash handling in line with company cash handling procedures and take action on any discrepancies that arise
- Manage store merchandising ensuring appropriate “value” image is portrayed in line with company procedures
- Accountable for ensuring consistently high levels of customer service
- To ensure all customer complaints are dealt as appropriate manner and to take necessary action in implementing store improvements following customer complaints
- Ensure effective stock control procedures and systems are in place to minimise stock loss
- Preparation for and management of stock take
- Ensure effective food management and waste systems are implemented, managed and updated appropriately
- Identify areas of stock leakage and ensure effective systems are in place to minimise stock loss (e.g. through pilferage, wastage, damages)
- Ensure effective stock rotation and stock monitoring systems are in place and adhered to
LEGISLATION & SECURITY
- Take full care of Health and Safety of all employees and customers in store and ensure any risks are minimised, or where possible, eliminated
- Ensure security of store and employees is maintained at all times and take action as required
- Ensure secure store opening and closing procedures
- Ensure store operates within relevant legislation in terms of employment, health and safety law, HACCP and consumer regulations
- Ensure you are up to date on all aspects of Health & Safety legislation, HACCP, Labour Law and Consumer Legislation and take relevant actions that may arise out of changes in same
- Meet targets as agreed
- To undertake other additional duties as may be assigned by the Store Owner
- Proven ability in managing retail sales team including the following:
o Planning and organising o Problem solving
o Managing performance
- Excellent operational knowledge of retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Excellent understanding of consumer needs
- Proven track record in achieving agreed targets
- Financial skills with previous experience of budgets and profit and loss accounts
- Working knowledge of employment, health & safety regulations, HACCP, and consumer legislation
- An excellent commercial acumen with the ability to anticipate and react to market changes
- Committed to continually improving standards
- The ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Computer skills
- Use of initiative